Hand of the day

I have an obsession with hands...
I attach more importance to this part of the body than any other. Not only for aesthetic or hygienic reasons, even if the later REALLY matters to me *quick glance at hand sanitizer bottle on desk* I am fascinated by their expressive power: from love to anxiety, suffering and relationship status or...profession... Indeed, why have a business card when you have hands like Bobby's ?  They really do speak for themselves...


Running down Nanjing Road, I bumped into "Bobby West".

A native of Los Angeles, California who landed in Shanghai a few months ago and took up residence in the prestigious Ritz-Carlton.
The delicacy and softness of his hand-shake made it obvious to me he was a pianist, which he later acknowledged. In addition to being a gifted musician,
Mr West is also a composer and a producer. His collaborations list includes such names as Billy Higgins and R.Kelly. He also performed with a great variety of singers and musicians, such as Smokey Robinson, Helen Reddy, Wilson Pickett and the Ray Charles Orchestra.
Bobby West @ The Ritz Jazz Bar
The Portman Ritz-Carlton 1376, Nanjing Xi Lu from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Monday to Saturday

Photo: Courtesy of Ritz- Carlton



5 comments:

  1. I love it,I love,I love it!!! i love Bobby West!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little difficult to visit your blog. however, not bad!

    Hands are indeed very important, they tell a lot!

    Yucheng&Gift
    http://vviva.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Stylebeats > Glad you do ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ XBT - Not sure what difficulties you have encountered...thanks for visiting though !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobby is the man ! Love the video.

    ReplyDelete