"Don't you know old people can have a social life?"

The second instalment of the Shanghai Portraits Project was submitted by Michael Beets, a South African farm-boy who now bases himself in Shanghai.

Meet Michael:

Picture courtesy of CreativeHunt.

I love, love, love this film. Set in a Shanghai apartment, the dialogue takes place between a man and a woman over an evening meal. I counted 7 dishes on the table (!) and thought that maybe I had underestimated the appetite of the elderly, but I learned later on that it's meant to be Chinese New Year. In the film, the woman's daughter is married to the man's son, but in real life this lovely couple are married to each other - I think it shows! The script is great - very realistic and sharply funny. I fell in love with both of them watching this.

Miss G

1 comment:

  1. Cool film! I wish there was more of this in Shanghai ...

    ReplyDelete