Balenshanghai

Walking down South Huangpi Lu, I randomly stumbled into a Balenciaga private sale! Unfortunately, it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to take pictures inside, but they had everything from shoes to bags and clothing. Did I mention it was 60 to 70% off ? YOU READ CORRECTLY.
However, there was nothing for us shoe-aholics above 38 european shoe size. My delusional self tried to slide my Goliath feet into 2 beautiful pair of boots... the art of convincing oneself... Epic fail! I felt so embarrassed when I saw one sales rep shaking her head while staring at me.
Men and women (expats for the most part) were going crazy over all the beautiful pieces which by the way were 100% authentic, I happen to have the eye of the tiger. ;-) 

BUMMER !!!
I ended up not buying anything. Nevertheless You know what evil thoughts can go through your mind...   Note to self: "Thou shall not steal". Sometimes feeding your eyes is good enough... rent is due !

My mother has an amazing collection of Balenciaga perfumes including the one below and we are both fond of their beautiful vintage ads !
Image courtesy of thenonblonde.blogspot.com



1 comment:

  1. NOWAYYYYY I HATE YOU you're so lucky to see it haha!!!! I LURVE BALENCIAGA!!! (kind of :P)
    too bad that you couldn't get the boots! you know what? I guess that sales rep was just thinking: awwww... those boots would look so good on her if they fit! so don't feel embarrassed hehe!
    xx Tiff

    ReplyDelete