Du Juan does it again

Just got my hands on the January 2011 edition of VOGUE China featuring the gorgeous Du Juan.  

Below are my 3 favorite pictures of the "A dream come true" spread shot by Trunk Xu. Loving how Juan gracefully holds her head. No wonder... she is a former ballerina. Her bone structure is to die for !

For those of you who aren't familiar with this oriental beauty, she took the modeling industry by storm in 2006 walking for the likes of Chanel & Valentino. Juan was the first Asian Vogue cover girl in 2005.

I cannot help but shake my head @ the hypocrisy of the fashion industry.
I mean 2005 ?! This publication was founded way back in 1892 ! The first black Vogue cover model was Beverly Johnson in 1974 (37 years ago that is). Last time I checked, I found out people of all colors have been living on Earth for quite a while.... Fashion should not be black or white. but then again, that is just utopia... Not everybody thinks everyone is beautiful, sorry Benetton...

 Dear Vogue, any good resolutions on this matter for the upcoming year would be appreciated...























No comments:

Post a Comment